Home

50% windshield tint at night

The Fast & Easy Way To Keep Your Car Cool In The Blazing Sun! Fits Cars, Trucks & More. Cooling Technology Reflects Heat & UV Rays. No More Hot Steering Wheels Sioux Falls, SD. Sep 11, 2018. #22. I have 50% ceramic on my front windshield and I think it is fantastic. At night its not terrible but I could definitely see why people would want 70% instead because my wife has 70% and its much easier to see at night. If you are going to tint your front windshield I don't know why you would go with anything. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators. Hey there, I've been looking into getting a light film for my windshield (50%). I've got 5% on the fronts now and 1% on the back so it's really dark as it is. I'm just wondering if it'll be really noticeable from the outside. I drive a 2006 GMC Sierra so it's a big windshield which may look light.. The lower the VLT number, the darker the tinted windows are. In other words, a 90% VLT means that 90% of light is getting through the window. A 50 percent windshield tint allows half of the sun's rays to penetrate.  Each state has laws regarding how dark a car's window tints can be. The level of tint depends also on which windows are tinted

Automotive Tint Services, Orlando | Window Tint Florida

Precut Window Tint Kits - Window Tinting Servic

Brella Shield Official - Free Shipping Double Offe

Want to know what its like driving with 50% tint on your windshield? 2% on the side windows? Day time vs night? In today's video I show you what it's like an.. 50% on the front windshield w/a 5% brow: Here is the front windshield already tinted 50% & the left front passenger untinted, barely any difference in visibility: It's like it's not even there. But in the previous picture you can tell the tint is there (dimmed license plate). 5% difference for reference: The brand was 3M Color Stable

for those of you that may want to tint whole windshield, they have a 50% tint. You can see just find at night, or at least I can. Maintenance Man , May 20, 201 50% is a very light tint. I have it on all my cars. It's fantastic in Florida. It makes the rest of the car darker while helping glare at night and during the day. Anything darker then 50% personally I don't do. That's to dark Here's the best I came up with. 1) Driver's window tinted by dealer, probably 35% but can't get them to say, rear window has the 50% 3M Crystalline for heat control on the factory privacy glass: 2) Rear window, same 50% on privacy: 3) Best shot I could get of the windshield, same 50% film: Here's my 2018 truck, 35% on the front windows and.

Before and after of my Yukon to give you an idea of what 50% windshield tint may look like on your own vehicle. Over all thoughts, I probably wouldn't go dar.. Driving at night with high levels of tint can be dangerous, too. The combination of a dark night and dark window films can create an intense lack of visibility. Darker tints are ideal for sunny states, but not necessarily in northern areas where people experience cloudy and rainy days more often

35% would be my max and even then it still hard to see while backing up at night. On my Lexus I had 0% all the way around for awhile but then made my two front windows 50%, mainly to see better at night, beside being the legal limit for front windows. It also harder to see through the tint when it's raining too I have had no problems at all with seeing at night or in any weather condition. I've been driving for more then 2 years with 50% tint on my front windshield. Don't overreact as the OP wants 70% on the front windshield, you won't notice the tint at all but it will help during hot months

Windshield tint is very common and usually does not pose an issue if done correctly. 50% will not hinder your ability to see, unless you have a pre-existing condition that makes it hard to see at night. May 20, 2017. #30. i just did my front with ceramic 75%. It's the first time i've ever done the front Whole windshield with 50% Ceramic Tint.Do you want to know how to get a tint waiver? Go to TintManFL.com then click on our Tint Laws page. You will be able.. Window film comparison showing you what the film will look like in different angles different lighting from the inside and out. Please make sure to abide by.. Is 30 tint dark enough? 30% is too light IMO. But whatever you do, do the same on front as on the back. I did 18% all around and 50% on the windshield and love it I have tint 20% charcoal all around with a 50% stealth on the windshield and a 5% 6 platinum sunstrip. the day time the tint is not dark enough for me. nor dark enough to get pulled over. the night time, its like driving with really dark sunglasses on. not hard to see in normal city driving. its very hard for me to see when in places with out.

I went with 20% rear doors and back window. I did 50% on front doors and Windshield. It all blends together quite well. My sunroof is not done. But I may do 20%. The tint shop informed me that the Factory Sunroof Glass is already 20%. So no real need to go Limo A second coat of 20% should make it super dark For me I have 20% all around and 50% front windshield but it also depending on the what type of material film. I have ceramic tint so the 20% doesn't look too dark especially I have black interior when you look on the side. But funny thing is that on my front windshield with 50% it tends to be darker than the side

The regular cab is 50%. I've gotten hassled in my CC a few times but I also have a prescription for tint so they can't do much. I like the 35% better and can see just fine at night, it actually cuts down on glare at night. This is a pretty good picture to show 50% on the shield with 14% on the sides and 1% on the rear ATL/Florida. Aug 20, 2019. #5. I have exactly what you're saying. 50% front windshield tint with 5% on all sides and back. With a black interior. I also have the 5% tint strip. I kind of wish I got 40% as it's not that dark when it's sunny outside but when it's cloudy you can't see in at all

Tinting front windshield: 50% or 70%? Page 2 Tesla

50% windshield tint at night - YouTub

It will reduce heat more and cut out a little more glare. It is still very easy to see out of 35% at night, even in the rain. I agree that window tint is very hard to judge from pictures. The sunlight in different locations, different window angles, clouds, camera filters and settings, etc all play a part Take Canoli. The difference from 50% to 35% on the inside is hardly noticeable. From the outside it looks like 50% is no tint and 35% is tint, so yes you can tell a difference on the outside. If you are going to do 35% then I suggest you do it all the way around and then do 50% on the windshield Don't know what the law says over there, but here on the front half of the car you're only allowed minimum 65% visibility and it's being measured when you test your car. The glass itself reduces visibility at 75% apparently, so it pretty much excludes the possibility to add any form of tint on the front half of the car Where I live they are ****ing Nazi's when it comes to tint, but since 50% is sooo light it is barely noticeable. (coming from someone who works at a shop who tints cars every day as well as has had their windshield tinted 50%, 32%, 20% and even 5%) personal experience>theory sometime

Anyone running 35% windshield tint and have pictures of it inside/out? Im debating tearing off my 50% i currently have and replacing it with 35, but im worried about it being too dark for highway drives. And also a bit worried about getting pulled over for tint again. For some reason they dont mind 50% shield A 50% tint only blocks half of the available light from coming into the interior of your car. It is effective for blocking heat and ultraviolet radiation, while also reducing eye strain and glare for an overall safer driving experience. Thirty-Five Tint. A vehicle with a 35% tint is the perfect choice for drivers in search of a stylish and. 17 Posts. Discussion Starter · #1 · Dec 6, 2011. hey guys i was wondering if anyone had gotten their windshield tinted on their mustang. i was thinking of going with either 50% or 35% i have 35% on all other windows and 5% 6 inch sun strip and if you guys have any pics to post that would be great too just cant decide on 50% or 35%

50% Windshield tint? - General Discussion - TintDude

Should You Get a 50 Percent Windshield Tint on Your Car

50% windshield tint - 2019-2021 Silverado & Sierra Mods

What Is 50% Tint. 50% tint is one of the least used VLT levels on the market. Not only is 50% tint not very dark, there aren't a lot of states that set their VLT limit at 50. Unless your state doesn't allow you to go below 50% or you don't want to sacrifice visibility for privacy and UV protection, there's no real reason to go for 50% tint I went with 50% 3M Color Stable tint all-around & it's perfectly fine at night. During the day, it almost looks like factory tint, just a touch darker. We've noticed an improvement with the car's interior temp after it's been parked in the sun during the day Tint levels are represented as a percentage of visible light passing through the window, but the technical term associated with this is called the visible light transmission levels (VLT). One thing to note is the lower the VLT rating, the darker the shade of the window can be

5% Windows & 50% Windshield Tint Ford Focus RS Foru

1. e at 20% on fronts, no windshield tint. It's overcast and sunny a very close match
  2. e in 70% ceramic which is clear and it made a nice difference in heat reduction, then tried 35% which really cut out the heat and looked badass. After a month with the 35% I switched to 50% because I couldn't see a damn thing at night. Lol 50% looks good from the outside and is almost as.
  3. You cannot dispute the way window tint works. It blocks light. With 50% tint on the windshield you are blocking 50% of the light transmission thus making it harder to see especially at night. I've driven cars with tinted windshields and tint on the side/rear window as well - it makes it very hard to see at night
  4. At night, 50% isn't a problem. Having had darker tint before, I will say that anything below about 35% gets to be troublesome at night, or on rainy days. On rainy nights, forget about seeing anything with dark tint. I always like the people that have dark tint who say I can just roll down the window
  5. Honestly, don't listen to all the BS people are talking. On my truck I have 5% over the stock tint on the rears, 5% front two, and 35% windshield. Sure, it's dark at night, but I have never had any issues driving. On the Jeep, I have 20% on the sides and plan on putting 50% or 35% on the windshield

you could tint your windows according to the law, and put a 5% strip on the windshield and it might make it appear to be darker. i currently have 15% around, i was gonna go with 20 on the front and 5 on the rear but decided i wanted it to match so it doesnt look awkward. i havent had any problems as of yet with cops, and parking at night sucks. I've pretty much decided to tint every window but the windshield 5%, and then get the windshield done 20% to get an all-black look. Here's a few requests I have: 1. Postin' pics of ANY % windshield tint you have would help me make sure this is the right decision I want to make. 2 I appreciate your opinions. I am looking to cut down the heat, not necessarily tint the window. If I was I would put a 35% film on the windshield. In my opinion, a great percentage of the population would not even know if 70% film was on a window and i don't believe there is a safety/vision concern with 70% film, LOL I am putting clear, UV/IR blocking tint on the windshield and 50% on the pano-roof. Front windows will get 70% (pushing PA state limits here), and clear UV/IR blocking tint on the rear windows. My installer will try to fit a shower cap over the module and will squeeze in as many extra absorbing materials as possible to minimize the risk

All 10 windows tinted Took them about 5 hours to finish all 10 windows. I got the llumar atx15 film 15% on the driver and passenger windows and 35% on top of the factory tint with 50% on the front windshield ( starting to think maybe i should have gone 35%). Only bad thing is i wont drive her.. Ah I see, in hindsight the strip does look a lot darker than 50% lol, not sure what I was saying. Personally couldn't see the difference at first but 50% looks good. Always debated front windshield tint but it would suck to have to do it all over again after a cracked windshield and I don't exactly live in a place like Arizona or Florida

Window Tint 5% All Around 50% Windshield Page 3 DODGE

I have 20% on my rear glass, 12% over 20% on sides and 50% on my windshield and it's perfect for me. I can see fine through the front and back. The sides can be tricky at night but you get use to it. Only reason I layered the sides because I already had 20 on it, wanted it darker and I started working at a tint shop so I got the film free 278 Posts. #13 · Mar 8, 2016. Just had mine done yesterday. I did 5% up front, 35% (i believe) on all of the rear so they match up around the car. I also did 35 on the windshield. Remember that the factory tint on the rear is only tinted glass so you get none of the UV protection of the tinted film

50% windshield + 2% window tint - Driving during the day

Had my driver and passenger done with 20% carbon tint and my windshield done with 50% ceramic tint. Law here is 35% side and none on windshield. There's a lot of vehicles running around here with 5% all the way around I would guess 35-50% would be what you're after (the above pic looks to be around 35%). Keep in mind it is darker from the outside of the glass than it will be from the captains chair. Total bill should be around $50 with tint + installation materials. Upload pics of your completed product 15% Llumar premium tint front windows and brow, rears are factory. First mod I did, week after I got it. If I ever have to redo brow, I will get windshield tinted in %50 then brow over it My brow is low because my 07 Silvr was a little higher and I wanted it to be lower on this truck for when I level out suspensio The combination of a dark night and dark window films can create an intense lack of visibility. Can you see at night with 20 tint? tint shops will tell you 35% is a good mix for night and day driving, while still giving you a tinted look. A dark interior helps. 20% is about the max you can go and see well on a dark night. Do cops check window tint

Window Tint: 50% Windshield / 5% Everything Else Jeep

I'm also in CA... I always tint rear doors & rear window 5% over whatever factory is and 35% front. This time I went with 50% on front doors and regretted after two trips during 100+ degrees sunny days. I went back to tint shop and changed front doors to 35% and decided to do windshield 50%. Night and day, should've done this from the beginning Window tint shades are measured in units of VLT (visible light transmittance). This is the percentage of light that is visible from the outside looking in. For example, a window tint with a 50% VLT would be effectively letting in half the visible light. A window tint shade with a 5% VLT would allow only 5% of visible light to pass through (Most. Windshield tint is, IMO, crucial in these trucks with big-ass glass in the front. I have 35% ceramic all the way around and 50% on the windshield. Rearward visibility isn't great at night but no concerns at all looking through the front. Hugely noticeable difference before and after in terms of heat coming in With 20% tint over the factory 28% privacy glass it'll still be usable during the day, but will be worthless during the night. If you want to keep usability at night I wouldn't recommend going below 50%. You can do 20% on the sides, but 50% on the rear window Male. First Name: Luke. Oc. Vehicle: 2003 tacoma xtracab 4x4. Texas Aggie said: ↑. 15% is perfect and has little impact on driving at night. I also highly recommend ceramic tint on the front windshield. 85% is barely noticeable, but allows me to drive without a need for sunglasses

Window Tint 50% - MBWorldSilveradoSierra

Front windshield tinted 50% Tacoma Worl

Well I finally decided to tint my windows, I went with 5% all around and 50% on the windshield. The truck looks so much better now. I was a little worried about how visibility at night would be like with the 50% but it actually looks better, the contrast at night makes things pop out a bit more with the 50% Everyone has their own opinion. Personally, I think 50% is a huge pain and extremely dangerous at night. You simply cannot see well enough out of those windows. Spend a little more on quality tint and you won't need to worry about glare or heat. Good tint can be clear and keep out 95% of UV light

If want the tint on windshield for looks alone then you have to go darker then 50%. With 50%, my windshield looks more grey/silver then black. You can also see through it pretty good from the outside. #2. Like all tint no matter what percent, at night it becomes harder to see out of. Even the 50 makes night driving a little bit more difficult Usually 15-20% matches factory. I think 35- 50% is a waste of money. I just had 5% put on my front two windows and 15% on the back. The 15% over the factory tint makes a perfect match for the front 5%. His reason was that it's still illegal for very dark tint in illinois and he could get in trouble IMO, stay below 50% (60-80% light tint) and it will not be noticed from the outside with the rest of the windows tinted above 50% (40-30% dark tint). Interior comfort increases significantly with tinted windshield during daylight, no negligible visibility impact during night. No problem with HUD, either. K 53. Mar 21, 2021. #4. Got mine tinted @ 50% with 3M ceramic and I can actually see the hud better. It looked blurry for the first few days while the glue cured, but looks fantastic now. You can have your tint shop cut a small piece so you can hold it up to your windshield to be 100% sure the hud will display fine for you Best Window Tint on a Roll: MotoShield Pro Premium Ceramic. MotoShield Pro Premium 2mil Ceramic Window Tint for Auto - 20 Inches x 100 Feet (50%) [99% Infrared Heat Reduction/Blocks 99% UV] Window.

Windshield Window Tint - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet

The darker the tint the more restricted your visibility, especially at night. Try backing up on a dark night and looking out your side and rear tinted windows. Factory tinted windows meet federal standards for all 50 States. Most states have tint laws and the % can vary in each one. Many States really clamp down hard on dark tinted windows I'm getting 50% ceramic installed all around next week, minus the windshield. I may go back and get 90% installed there later. My wife has 35% in her X3 and I think it's slightly too dark. It's nice during the day, but driving at night I feel like it affects visibility. I couldn't imagine actually living with something even darker I got 35% all around. 20% seemed to dark to my taste and 50% seemed like a waste of money because it barely tinted the windows at all. 50% and lighter is just silly in my opinion. No one will notice and it will hardly change the tint at all With 50% it does not affect night driving for me. If I would have gone down to 35% or 20% (like my side windows have) I would definitely have an issue. Looking out my side windows with 20% is difficult sometimes. Ceramic tint contains ceramic particles which allows the film to cut from 45% to 50% of the solar heat that enters through the windows twenty five years ago my 4x4 had 5% limo tint all the way around, except for 50% on the windshield. yes, it was dumb. during that time, it was wheeled in mud, rain, snow, and ice, without collisions. someone's it was sideways crawling through thick stinky mud. sometimes it was towing stranded motorists out of ice/snow ditches. in 4 years I.

Got the car tinted. 20% all around 50% windshield. Came ..

Hey guys, I am looking to tint my front to 50% or so ~ the sides being legal and they are too light, along with the front being too bright at night. Before I get it done, I was wondering if anyone had any insight about the Front windshield. It seems there is a coating of some film, very light.. I like tint. I put 50% on all my cars all way around (80% on windshield) I like the light smoke. my mustang is 55% all around. its just enough to provide some smoke, but not black like everyone else. Mine is ceramic though, so it does reduce heat incredibly Thus I did chose standard 3M film, with black tint at 12% (eg 88% of the light goes thru the windows) for the front side windows, 50% for the rear side windows, and 35% for the rear hatchback window. My car's interior is black so the overall effect is dark, thus the rear tint blocks the outsiders' view San Diego. Jun 14, 2020. #1. The window tint on my FiST started bubbling pretty badly. The previous owner was the one that had it installed and I don't have any of their warranty info, so I just peeled it all off. While I actually like the fishbowl look, living in San Diego makes tint a must-have, especially in the hotter months

Messages. 282. Reaction score. 232. Apr 28, 2020. #1. Here's my '20 Power Wagon with F1 Pinnacle on all the windows except the front windshield. 25% on the front 2, 50% on the rear, back and sun roof. Using a lighter tint on the factory tinted rear blends the tint to match the fronts pretty well and I can still see out at night Window Tint. Jump to Latest Follow I'm thinking i'm going to do 50% on the rear to make it total of 15% and maybe 30% on the front. I don't want it dark dark. The rear hatch window is a little too dark at night when there is very little ambient lighting like in a dark parking lot. The second row windows sometimes is a little dark at. Window Tint Options Choosing which window tint you want is often the most difficult part of this upgrade process. Not only do you need to adhere to state laws (which involves doing a bit of research before making your final purchase if you want to avoid a ticket) but you'll need to know what sort of results you want and which types of tint will.

Do you have 50% window tint ? - MY350Z3rd Gen window tint thread | Page 4 | Tacoma WorldTinted my windshieldTinted windshield? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Window tint is a thin laminate film that can be installed on the inside of your vehicle's windows. Tinted windows have several benefits, including blocking harmful UV rays, reducing glare during day and night driving, and keeping your cabin cooler during those hot months. Window tinting also provides added privacy We do this very combo for a lot of people. I prefer C cup, not too big and not too smalloh wait, I thought the thread stated Car window Tit Guys. 35% sides and rear and 70% front if you want to go light, 20% sides and rear and 50% front if you want to look cooler and mostly avoid sunglasses. That looks great Medium Light 50%. Darker 40%. Window Tint: 3M Prestige Series. but the only thing you'll see day or night, inside or out, is a beautiful window. Sun Control Center is proud to install 3M Prestige window tints on homes and commercial properties in Fort Wayne, South Bend, Elkhart, Mishawaka, and the surrounding area..